7 Principles to Disrupt yourself
- Money – Lack of money makes us impatient.
- Knowledge – Lack of it can be a problem. But sometimes not knowing the industry may also lift your blinders and help you see possibilities that others don’t.
- Time – For example the author wanted to write one blog per day but she didn’t have the time. So she asked her readers to write guest blogs. This led to her to write her first book Dare, Dream do.
- Create a Reverse Income statement – First decide the income you want to achieve and then decide how much revenue you need to meet that income. For your career it may mean deciding first to earn 100k and then reverse engineering on how to achieve that.
- Calculate the cost – Decide what kind of money, time and expertise you are willing to invest to get to your goal.
- Compile an assumption checklist - List out all the assumptions you have.
- Prepare a milestone chart - For example if you want to become a doctor be clear on what grades you need to get into school, and alter your course when there is new information or constraints that blocks your progress.