Weight loss

Weight loss is one of the most discussed topics all the time. I have lost 23 pounds in the last 8 months by doing a few things which I thought I will share. What I am suggesting here is surely not a quick fix solution. The results do take time but I think it is worth it. To be honest I didn’t really starve but I just changed the food I ate between meals. 
Exercise daily or 5 times a week. There is nothing new in this but it works. I generally do 30 min on elliptical most of the time as it is low impact. I also started running and did a half marathon in Oct. Initially I could not run more than 5 min continuously but eventually I was able to do it. Though this is not my first half marathon it was still a tough one since I had to start practicing again. 
Avoid certain foods. I completely stopped eating cakes, doughnuts, biscuits, bagels and any snacks between meals. Instead I turned to fruits as the snacks in between meals. I had pears, apples, bananas and Low fat yogurt. 
  I eliminated sugar in my coffee and tea. I changed to Fat free milk. I am back to 2% now. 
I tried to have dinner before 8 pm and never skipped breakfast. Drink a glass of water before eating a meal. 
All the above items I have offered are simple but I found them to be effective. For the first 2 months when I did this I didn’t lose much weight at all but eventually with practice from the 4th month I started losing the weight I wanted. If I put on weight again (which I hope doesn’t happen) I know that I can lose it by following these simple tactics.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Ways to Develop an Achiever Mindset

15 Takeaways from The Tools of Titans by Tim Ferris

Talent is Never Enough - 13 Factors to Maximise your Talent

7 Keys to Winning in any Year

13 Habits of Highly Successful People

10 Keys to Thrive and Lead in the 21st Century

5 Ways to Create a World Class Life

The 5 P's of Ethical Power

10 Keys to make your life a Masterpiece

9 Keys to practice Stoicism