Weight loss

Weight loss is one of the most discussed topics all the time. I have lost 23 pounds in the last 8 months by doing a few things which I thought I will share. What I am suggesting here is surely not a quick fix solution. The results do take time but I think it is worth it. To be honest I didn’t really starve but I just changed the food I ate between meals. 
Exercise daily or 5 times a week. There is nothing new in this but it works. I generally do 30 min on elliptical most of the time as it is low impact. I also started running and did a half marathon in Oct. Initially I could not run more than 5 min continuously but eventually I was able to do it. Though this is not my first half marathon it was still a tough one since I had to start practicing again. 
Avoid certain foods. I completely stopped eating cakes, doughnuts, biscuits, bagels and any snacks between meals. Instead I turned to fruits as the snacks in between meals. I had pears, apples, bananas and Low fat yogurt. 
  I eliminated sugar in my coffee and tea. I changed to Fat free milk. I am back to 2% now. 
I tried to have dinner before 8 pm and never skipped breakfast. Drink a glass of water before eating a meal. 
All the above items I have offered are simple but I found them to be effective. For the first 2 months when I did this I didn’t lose much weight at all but eventually with practice from the 4th month I started losing the weight I wanted. If I put on weight again (which I hope doesn’t happen) I know that I can lose it by following these simple tactics.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Guidelines to Effective Communication

The 5 P's of Ethical Power

10 Tips to Develop a Pleasing Personality

10 Qualities of a True Champion

Life is like a Test Match in Cricket

10 Keys to Personal Growth

Talent is Never Enough - 13 Factors to Maximise your Talent

Mastery by Robert Greene - An Inspirational Book

7 Inspiring Lessons from Elon Musk

Primary Greatness - 12 Levers of Success